How to setup canon.com/ijsetup printer
Just bought a new canon printer and willing to set it up using canon.com/ijsetup link? You are in the right place, and I will show you how you can set up your new or old canon printer drivers from scratch.
First, whenever you bought any printer even other than Canon, you have to set up the whole printing utilities before you start printing. We all know that the printer is an output device and needs extra drivers to run smoothly with any operating system. But here I will only cover the canon printer setup process with the help of the official link canon.com/ijsetup. After that, you will be able to utilize your printer functionalities fully.
- A pc or laptop with a good internet connection.
- Printer USB cable.
- Lan cable (For wireless connection you need WIFI password)
Perform the hardware setup first:
Before jumping to the download and installation section, you must set up the whole procedure’s hardware part.
- Unbox your printer and read the manuals first and put your printer near the wireless or lan cable.
- Now connect your printer into the power source, plug the cable into printer and power outlet.
- Then press the power button on your printer and ensure the power lid is on.
- After that, install the cartridges into it, which comes with your printer box.
- Install the extra paper tray parts on the printer and put some shite A4 size papers.
- You have done the hardware part of the canon printer setup, and Now you can proceed with the download and installation process.
Quick Download Canon Printer Drivers
The download and installation process is simple and easily do if you have proper instructions. Even these steps are also given by canon printer on their manuals too. So let’s get started:
- The first check you are properly connected with the internet, then open any browser and go to the official link “Canon.com/ijsetup“. Just type it on any search engine or direct in the address bar.
- You will now see the “SETUP” button on the page and a field that requires your printer model number.
- After entering your printer’s model, the server will find our the specific printer model drivers.
- If you see your printer is found on the server, click on the start button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the previous step, you need to click on the “Connect” button.
- Then choose your operating system, and you will see the download link, just click on that and wait until the download complete.
- The downloading canon printer driver can take few minutes it totally depends on your internet speed.
Installation of canon printer drivers
- After the download procedure, you need to install it on your system, make sure you have downloaded the correct model & version drivers.
- Find the downloaded file in your system. Generally, it found on the download folder by default.
- Click twice on the setup files, and a dialogue box will appear on your screen.
- Now your canon printer driver starts installing in your device.
- In the installation wizard, you have to choose your model and the utilities from checkboxes.
- After that, you will see an agreement which needs your action like accept or quick the canon.com/ijsetup wizard.
Connect using a wireless network (WPS)
Many new generation printers come with wireless functionalities that makes the setup procedure more complex at the new user’s point.
- First, check your printer has a wireless feature, also check your router have WPS enabled.
- Turn on your canon printer then press and hold the WIFI button for 5-10 seconds.
- After that, you will see the WIFI button starts blinking with blue color lid.
- Now press the WPS button on your printer and at the same time you have to press the WPS button on the router too, It should be done within the timeframe of 2 mins.
- If your connection is established correctly, then WIFI lid will glow steadily.
- At last, you need to do a test print through WIFI, make sure your printer’s tray has some A4 size papers in it.
Hopefully, the above set or procedure will help you smoothly download, install, and configure your canon printer driver via canon.com/ijsetup. If you do follow the process correctly step-by-step, you can easily set up your canon printer in any OS device. I suggest you must have a good internet connection for WIFI printing, and on the wired connection, you don’t need any internet after the canon ij setup.